Friday, August 16, 2013

1 week in!

We survived the first week of First Grade.  Megan loves it.  Today I was at school volunteering and I was able to take a peek at the work her teacher has put up outside their classroom.   They had a writing activity hanging up where they wrote about the first day of school.  Megan wrote (her spelling here)....

My first day in first grade wus marvlis  bcus  I coud miy  frins on the plagrnwnd. 

Did you get that deciphered... "My first day in first grade was marvelous because I could make friends on the playground."   Love it!

Megan is getting used to the routine of having more homework every night, and she's doing great.  We are so proud of her and the maturity she's shown.  Don't get me wrong - she's still 6.... and I'm reminded of that every day.  She's been having a LOT of headaches lately... they tend to really rear up about the same time I remind her that she needs to clean her room (funny thing, huh).  But I love that she reads me books every night before bed. 

Little Nicole has just come into her own also.  She's a daily reminder that she's 3... we have lots of tears, tantrums, and whining going on.  Somehow though - she always pulls it together and still manages to be an amazing delight.  She's starting in the 3's class in preschool in another week.  It's so weird because we have several friends with birthdays that are just a few months earlier and those babies are starting Pre-K.....  I must say that although it's a pain sometimes that she's the oldest in classes with her fall birthday - I'm also glad that she's got 2 more years of preschool before she heads off to the BIG school!  She's still our little snugglebug and has an imagination that will knock your socks off.

So all is well over here.  I'm hoping to get my blogging act together.  I just got a new computer - but of course I haven't had a whole lot of time to get my files and pictures moved  so I'm floating between 2 computer currently.  But hopefully between the 2 I'll get some updating done soon.

No comments: